The club invited mums and dads to a meeting on Tuesday May 19 to discuss some concerns with our younger Karter’s compliance with the Social Distancing rules currently in place. The meeting was attended by a good group of dads, KNSW Chair Ilona Alsters and some CDKC committee members.
The group agreed to work together to help us all comply with 1.5 metres Social Distancing requirement. The key outcomes are.
- Parents will be active in supervising their children to comply with 1.5 metre social distancing. They can still have fun, it just must be 1.5 metres away from each other.
- Parents will be active in reminding other parents or children to comply with 1.5 metre social distancing
- Any items that would encourage children to get together should be left at home (bikes, scooters, skateboards, play stations etc)
It is the clubs hope that if we all do this well then will be back to normal sooner rather than later.
The high level guidelines that we need to follow are:
- All people outside your immediate (family living with you) must be 1.5 metres apart
- Groups of people must be no more than 10
- If there are multiple groups of 10 in an outdoor area, there must be 4 square metres of space available per person
- All participants should only be at the track to complete their practice or competition and then leave the premises
- Lithgow’s out-grid area is 420 metres square
- Lithgow’s in-grid area is 170 metres square