We have received lots of questions about the new group structure for club days. The club is supportive of the new structure and supports the inclusion of all eligible karts to race at our meetings.
We are also very conscious of giving all of our entrants value for money and a great experience at our race meetings.
We also will do our best to accommodate multiple entries from a driver or within a family group.
At Lithgow we have found for a single day meeting we can run 7 groups comfortably and give all entrants practice and 5 races or Qualifying and 4 races (we alternate these 2 formats) and finish at a reasonable time. We did learn from our Summer cup meeting that running 4 groups simply does not give drivers enough break between races.
When I have looked at the requirements of the group structure and what our normal club day entry looks like we will be attempting to run the following on February 19
- Cadet 9 and Cadet 12
- KA4 Junior Light Ka4 Junior Heavy (this will be split if we get 26 entries or there are drivers entering both light and heavy)
- Junior Higher performance – KA3 Junior is a club Championship class, trophies and club championship points will be award according to the rules. J Max, Junior Performance and KA2 are also in this group trophies awarded as per club policy
- Senior KA3 Light, Medium and Masters
- TAG restricted light and Medium
- TAG Light and Heavy, X30 (I would anticipate Karter’s to enter TAG now that tyres are the same)
- Senior Performance – DD2, KZ2, KA1 and Open Performance (as Feb is a round of the DD2 series they will be given Priority)
As you can see from this not much should change for our club day structure but this will be dependant on you the Karter supporting our meeting with your entry.
Trophies will be awarded for EVERY class (not group) that meets the entry numbers club policy below
- Junior and Cadet classes
- 7 or more entries, 1st to 5th
- 6 entries 1st to 4th
- All Classes
- 5 entries 1st to 3rd
- 4 entries 1st and 2nd
- 3 entries 1st
- 2 or less entries, no trophy awarded
Link to Club Championship page